Vinegar and Water on Hardwood Floors - Categories:

Vinegar and Water on Hardwood Floors

I learned the hard way. Do not use Murphy's Oil Soap or any other type of cleaner for your hardwood floors. If you have done this and now find streaks and dullness, then it's time to resort to the ultimate weapon. Vinegar, water, and your knees.

Quarter cup of vinegar to a cup of water, clean sponge, drying towel. I had to clean my 2000 sq feet of hard wood floors by wiping it with this mixture with a brand new sponge completely wrung out. I then immediately dried the area I just wiped over with the towel.

It took hours, but I got my floor back. Better than ever. Swiffer the floor often. Use the vinegar water mix for spills, salt and water covered shoes that should have been left outside, etc. If this worked for me it can work for anybody. I thought my situation was hopeless. But, I've got gleaming floors once again.

By Lostonitall from Cincinnati, OH

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsFebruary 1, 2010
A dining room with hardwood floors.
Protecting Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 12:15:53 PM on in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.