Using Puppy Pads for Training

I have an Pomeranian puppy; she is 9 weeks old. Her name is Starr. I'm having a little trouble potty training my baby. She has the pee-pads. I don't take her outside to potty. I want her to learn to use the pads. Sometimes she gets it, but most of the time she will potty wherever she wants.

I try to keep an close eye on her to tell her "no", when she's not on her pad. Then I am placing her there on the pad to let her know its OK to go there. She always runs away or plays on the pad. How do I get her to stay and know that I am serious? I mean when I tell her to stay and go potty. Please help.

By Lawanda

The puppy is not seeing the house as her den, there for she feels that going any were is ok. Try to make her stay in a smaller area tell she starts going on the pad then in large the "den" a little. When she's out of her area keep her close and then move her back for her area to use the pad.

One other thing that helped me was the use of treats when ever she went ( wet or messed) on the pad. She got they idea that going there was a great Idea

March 21, 2010 Flag

The puppy pads that are available now are such an easy start to house training. You can begin then keep moving the pad closer to the door. Even take a pad outdoors to the designated area. So much easier than shreds and shreds of newspapers. I do wish they were a little more absorbent though.

Pile of Puppies

By Laurie from Midcoast ME

Answers:

Using Puppy Pads for Training

You can buy people pads at places like Sam's much much cheaper than the puppy pads. Not only are they cheaper they are larger and seem more absorbent. A box of 120 is something like $25 here. (07/29/2006)

By spesialangel

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
A small dog.
Training a Dog to Use Piddle Pads
Pets Dogs House TrainingMarch 21, 2010
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🎉
🎄