Looking To Buy An Iced Tea Maker

I'm looking to buy an iced tea maker. Any product reviews, including the quantity of tea that they make, would be appreciated!

Maryeileen from Brooklyn OH

Forgive me, but I really don't think it's necessary! We just soak black tea bags in a glass "sun tea" jar with a spigot & put it in the fridge. It will steep to a nice light ice tea!

Pamphyila,

Do you soak the tea bags in boiling water and let cool before putting in the fridge? I've always heard that in order to properly steep tea, you must use boiling water.

The iced tea makers are nice. But, I have 2 of the makers and all the jugs have broken very easily even though they are plastic and each maker came with 2 jugs. I make my tea in a boiler and then add ice the other half way up in the jug, so I still have iced tea and it didn't cost me nothing extra. I can't find jugs sold separately anywhere. I always have to buy another iced tea maker. The ones I had only make 3/4 a gallon.

I don't use a tea maker, I use my drip coffee pot. Make it just like you would coffee, sweeten if needed, then pour it over your ice that is in a pitcher. It saves space on your cabinet with just one pot. Clean it, then use it for coffee. A little vinegar & water cleans real well! So very easy!

I also use my coffee maker to make my tea. For one gallon of tea, I use 3 family size tea bags and fill the maker with water. I put the sugar in my tea jug, fill with the hot tea and then add ice and water.

Renee in TN

I love my Mr. Coffee ice tea maker, I use it all the time. If I break a pitcher I go on to the Mr. Coffee web site & order them. I use my tea maker so much I bought 4 extra pitchers. I love it.

I love my ice tea maker--Mr. Coffee. It was about 20 dollars and well worth the price because it saves time . My coffee maker always has coffee in it so I cant use that.

We don't use my son's Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. It runs us out of ice cubes too fast & takes up too much counter space in our small kitchen. We use a juice jar (glass) put in two tea bags and microwave 2 cups of water. let steep (add sugar if necessary as it takes less to add it to the hot stage). When tea is room temperature we fill to top with cold water and put in the refrigerator.

I've been using the same Mr. Coffee iced tea pot since 1988. It's faster than making tea the regular way. I dont add the ice cubes like it says. I fill the pitcher to the water line and pour it in the maker. Then I add 3/4 cup sugar to the pitcher. In the top of the maker I put 6-7 regular or decaf tea bags (cheap at Aldi) without the strings. When its done, I stir up the hot tea to dissolve the sugar, then add cold water to the top and stick it in the fridge. I make tea this way every day. I was making pre-sweetened tea from a mix (the just add water type) but it was costing $5.50 for 20 quarts. The iced tea pot is much cheaper.

I've been using a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea pot for years and I love it. I'd like to share my recipe. I use only 4 Tetley Tea bags, the prescribed ice and sugar, but after it's all stirred up I add 1 cup of Ocean Spray CranRaspberry juice, and the juice of half a lemon. It makes a delicious raspberry flavored iced tea, and the color is a clear redish iced tea. I don't like the look of cloudy orange flavored iced tea. Use only Ocean Spray brand though. The Langers and store brands taste more like cranberry than raspberry, and are bitter. This recipe is for the 2 quart model. Adjust if you have the 3 quart model.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkApril 24, 2008
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Iced Tea Tips and Tricks
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
🎉
🎄