Sausage and Herb Dressing
Yield: 13 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine
- 2 (4-ounce) links sweet Italian turkey sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups (1-inch) cubed French bread (about 1 1-pound loaf)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Add chopped onion, fennel, celery, and garlic; sauté 8 minutes. Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients (broth through salt), scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Remove from heat. Stir in bread, green onions, and egg. Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 21, 2017 at 4:14:52 AM on 10.0.0.182 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us