Making a Yarn Wrapped Vase
If you are looking for an easy, but attractive, way to give new life to a plain vase; try wrapping it with colorful yarn. This is a guide about making a yarn wrapped vase.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a project to convert any old bottle into a stylish bottle vase/holder using only glue and yarn! the end result is lovely and extremely easy to make! i hope everyone tries it!
Goodwill always has a bunch of glass vases for sale. I decided to dress up one of these vases by wrapping it in colorful yarn. It turned out really cute!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- clear vase
- Modge Podge
- sponge brush, paint brush, etc.
- clear coat (optional)
- First, clean and thoroughly dry the vase.
- Starting at the neck of the vase, apply a thin layer of Modge Podge and adhere the beginning of the yarn. Using a paint brush apply some addition Modge Podge on to the yarn end to help hold it in place.
- Begin wrapping the yarn around the vase, while holding the glued end of the yarn in place so that it doesn't slip. After you have gone around the vase 5-6 times if is probably safe to let go of the end.
- I recommend applying the Modge Podge no more than an inch or so at a time as it will dry out while you are wrapping. Continue applying Modge Podge and wrapping the yarn until you reach the bottom of the vase.
- It is important to keep the yarn taut as you wrap it, to ensure that it stays tight to the vase and adheres well.
- Apply a little extra Modge Podge where the yarn ends and cut the yarn. Hold the end in place for a minute so that it adheres well. Allow vase to thoroughly dry.
- Once the vase is dry, you may want to spray the vase with clear coat. Modge Podge is water-soluble, so clear coat is recommended if you plan to put water and flowers in your vase.
Note: This same technique could be used on many different glass jars, for other uses. Have fun!
By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA
Related Content(article continues below)Read 1 Comment
This video shows you the easy steps to making your own unique vase by wrapping it with yarn. View the full project here: Yarn Wrapped Vase
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 15, 2017 at 3:58:13 PM on 10.0.1.211 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us