Homemade Dog Bed

How do you make a dog bed?

Julie from Indianapolis, IN

Best Answer

I would add some cedar chips to the stuffing. It is a natural way to repel fleas, and it smells good.

Best Answer

My mom uses a pillow with a blanket on top for her dogs to snuggle in. I don't think dogs want anything fancy, only comfy!

Best Answer

Go to thrift store buy child's sleeping bag sew up end that you would slip into . stuff with old pillows also from thrift store and zip up . When it's time to wash it just zip it off hang to dry out side on line. I have purchased 2 so I always have one between washes. My dog is a very big boy and it fits him perfectly. His bed is along side of mine and keeps him from trying to jump on mine.

Best Answer

Go to a thrift store and buy a fom rubber mattress pad. Cut out a size a little larger than your dog when he is reclined. If he is the right size, a good pillow cover or sham will do for a cover. Velcro the end closed. You can wash the cover, and the foam rubber won't flatten out. This is what I use for my dogs, and it makes a good orthopaedic bed for them.

My miniature poodle is happy on an old blanket.

I have a small dog, and she is very cold natured. I took an old kids sleeping bag and cut it in half. I put velcro across the openings. My dog loves it, she sleeps in it all day,(on the sofa). I made one to take on my travels also.

Go to www.make-and-build-dog-stuff.com for lots of patterns and instructions for making dog beds and other dog things.

I made a modified version of the oval bed pattern by adding a ring around the top and stuffed it as well. It was fun and only cost me for the fiber fill and my husbands old carhart jacket.

Dog on Homemade Pet Bed
Homemade Pet Beds
Crafts AdviceDecember 11, 2008
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
dog sitting in bed
Dog Pees in Owner's Bed
package with a featherbed topper
Using A Featherbed Topper
🎄