Squirrels Chewing Outdoor Christmas Light Wires

I have a squirrel or squirrels that are chewing up my Christmas lights. Does anyone know of a good repellent to keep them off my trees, at least during the lighting season?

By Jill from SD

Look for a product called Ropel. Home Depot used to sell it though I haven't seen it a long time there...seen it at large nurseries before and probably numerous places on line to buy it. it's the best I have come across professionally.

Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce might do the trick, but, you have to re-apply it after rain. If you have a squirrel that likes hot stuff, you're out of luck.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OutdoorDecember 16, 2010
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
Squirrel Outside
Squirrels Damaging Outdoor Furniture
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows