Organize With 5 Gallon Plastic Buckets

Home and especially garage organization can be as short as a trip to your local fast food restaurant. Five-gallon pickle buckets have a huge list of uses: fishing, gardening, storage, etc. They are usually free, and you are doing the green thing by not filling the dump.

By WM from IN

I do the same thing wiith cat litter bins. They are perfect for storing things in, and stackable too! I keep my yarns organized in them. I cover the bottom section with contact paper to make them look nicer too.

The 5 gallon buckets from the restaurant can be used to store flour, sugar and such as that in. They are food grade! I have one for each of these, plus one for dried beans (in the packages), and one for rice. There are so many things that you can store in these. Be sure to put the lids on tight to keep moisture and bugs out. I label my buckets and store them in a little used closet.

I do need to go to the local donut shop and get several more. They are also good for a container garden! Debbie-Jenn

I didn't know that you could get buckets from fast food restaurants. I intend to go to our local restaurants and see if I can get some of these buckets. Thanks loads for the hint and God bless you.

5 gallon buckets can be covered with a piece of material(remnant) Just cut a piece to fit around the pail. Hem both ends, run elastic around, and put on pail. A beautiful waste basket.

You're right! A nearby deli sells theirs for a dollar, with the bucket fund going to a childrens charity

Plastic Bucket
Reusing Plastic Buckets
Organizing AdviceMay 21, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Chicken Feed On Grain Bag
Storing Chicken Feed
Water Bottle
Using Recycled Buckets and Bottles for Irrigation
🎄