Caring for a 5 Week Old Puppy

I have had a five week old Poodle puppy put into my house. I am at a total loss as to how to deal with this. I have never had one that young. Help.

By Joy

Answers

I have a poodle mix that is turning 4yrs old and I've had him since he was five weeks old as well. What I did since he was so young I made sure to still feed him milk. I found in the pet area at Walmart the little milk carton looks like a little juice box very small. I also bought puppy food and made sure to grind it. The first week I gave him more milk and then slowly and the ground food to the milk. He was so small that I had to put my finger sometimes in his little bowl and then touch his mouth with so he would get the idea. Also, I went to the vet and payed for a puppy packaged that included all his shots (cheaper as a package). The milk was like $3.50 per carton so I made sure not to be wasteful. I stayed there and fed him to make sure he was eating. Seriously, I think this doggy of mine thinks I'm his mother lol. Good luck. :)

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 6, 2011
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman Weighing Herself
Losing 5 Pounds in a Week
Photo of a lady yelling at a driver.
Avoiding Road Rage
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 5:43:21 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.