Education

New School?

Category Education

I'm having so much trouble deciphering wether I should remain at my current school or transfer to another. The new school offers an entirely foreign curriculum with countless engagements that aren't available at the public school I attend. I realize that the education in the new school is probably more advanced and would increase my abiliity in several departments yet I would miss my friends sooooo much!:( Oh yeah, and one more thing, the new school is a boarding school! Not only would I be away from friends, but family as well. As you can see, I have a huge decision ahead of me and would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice!

If you have any thoughts PLZ post a response, it would help a lot, Thanx:)

I assume that you are talking about a high school. If so, will the new school offer you courses that would be beneficial towards getting into a university and will be a pre-requisite towards entering the faculty that you want? My son needed physics, chemistry and pre-calculus in order to go straight into the engineering faculty. Our high school offered the university level calculus and so he took it there. Last fall he took it again in university and whizzed through it.

Friends...email and chat rooms are wonderful. You WILL make new and more friends each time in life that you move. When you are married and your husband needs to move somewhere...you go and voila...more people to meet and new friendships will be developed. Hey, you have the chance to go now...do it.

Sounds like money is not an issue. So go...you have a wonderful chance to expand your experiences and learn what this world has to offer you.

Good luck.

What made you consdier the switch in the first place? Was it a parent's idea? Or did you see this boarding school as an opportunity for advancement that your current school doesn't provide? If you initiated the possibility I would say that in your heart of hearts that you have already made your decision to go. That your real problem is deciding how to say goodbye to those who you will temporarily leave behind. Life wasn't meant to be wasted thinking of opportunities past. There is a reason that Carpe Diem is still one of the most repeated sayings in history. Don't look at this as leaving friends behind but as adding new friends to your circle and expanding your life in directions you have yet to consider. Study hard but take time for yourself at your new school. Don't let them get you down. Do it with style, do it with grace, just make sure you do it.

What why would you wanna leave your friends and your family members. I personally would NEVER EVER leave to a boarding school. Sorry it doesn't help you but I had to let you know. :)