Stretching Rubber Shoes

I purchased a pair of Dawgs rubber clogs, size 10 regular. Size 10W is too wide, but regular is a little too tight. Anyone know of a way to stretch the width on these a little?

By Gayle from Rochester, NY

Rubber is difficult to stretch permanently-you could take the shoes to a shoe repair store and ask what can be done. I've had some very good results from my favorite shoe repair person who helps me with shoe modifications for my old ballet feet. For a less aggressive approach: If you wear socks with them, try wearing two pair or thicker and much thicker socks.

Put plastic bags inside the shoes, fill the bags with water and then freeze the whole thing, this seems to stretch the shoes enough to wear.

Stretching Shoes and Boots
Stretching Shoes and Boots
Home and Garden Repair ClothingMay 25, 2011
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps