Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Keeping Eyeliner on Your Bottom Eye Lid

I have tired everything to keep eyeliner on my bottom eye lid, but nothing I try helps - it melts away. Any suggestions?

Sue Ramsey From Washington, IN

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Briony (Guest Post)01/27/2009

Put your normal eyeliner on then putt liquid eye liner on the start of your bottem eyelashes.

By (Guest Post)08/20/2008

Liquid Eyeliner. Stuff stays on ALL day and never smears like the pencil kind.

By Mandy (Guest Post)05/11/2008

I have that problem too. These helped a lot!

By metroplex [81]04/29/2008

When I line my eyes with a pencil, I go over the pencil and 'set' it with eye shadow. It doesn't have to be the same shade of shadow.

Sometimes I use a bright liner and then put black eye shadow over it. It's a unique look.

By Nicole [8]05/22/2006

ONCE YOU PUT YOU EYELINER ON TOP AND BOTTOM...YOU PRESS TRANSLUCENT POWDER ON AND MAKE THE LINE ONE MORE TIME AND LIGHTLY DUST WIT A BRUSH POWDER ON IT ... GIVE IT A FEW MOMENTS...AND IT SHOULD STAY ON ALL DAY...TRY IT ON YOUR HAND...AND DUST WITH POWDER ...AND YOU WILL SEE IT IS HARD TO RUB OFF....BUT IT WILL CLEAN EASILY WITH A CREAM OR SKIN CLEANER

By Victoria M05/17/2006

I have oily skin & pencil liners just wouldn't stay on. I started using gel eyeliner that you apply with an eyeliner brush. The best ones I have found so far are by MAC & Bobbi Brown.

By Mary, Crown Point, IN (Guest Post)05/16/2006

Try a waterproof liner..I use the one from Avon...it seems to stay on the best!!

By Susabelle (Guest Post)05/16/2006

I'm a professional entertainer. I also have oily skin, so keeping makeup where I put it is always an issue!! Here are a couple things to try to keep your makeup in place.

First, buy a good eyeliner pencil, I like Maybelline's best (it looks sort of like a pen and you twist to raise the pencil part). Put a dot of baby oil on a piece of toilet paper and "prime" the tip of your pencil by touching it lightly to that drop of oil. Then use the pencil to line your eyes.

Next, take a q-tip and dip it in a tiny bit of neutral powder (regular baby powder works too). Dab (not rub) the powder on your newly applied eyeliner. You can then brush off the excess with another q-tip or your finger.

You will find your eyeliner lasts all day plus some with this technique.

And a good tip for removing makeup, especially heavy or powdered (like your eyeliner will be) - use baby shampoo or baby wash. It won't hurt when it gets in your eyes and it cleans very well.

By Dana [1]05/15/2006

It's been awhile since I used eyeliner , but I think I used to do this:
Take a cotton swab and rub it on your powdered foundation (the kind of pressed powder that comes in a compact). Then put the powdered foundation on your bottom eyelid before you put on the eye liner.

By Anna Marie (Guest Post)05/15/2006

Try putting it just below the lashline rather than on the lower lid itself.