Keeping Eyeliner on Your Bottom Eye Lid

I have tired everything to keep eyeliner on my bottom eye lid, but nothing I try helps - it melts away. Any suggestions?

Sue Ramsey From Washington, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try putting it just below the lashline rather than on the lower lid itself.

It's been awhile since I used eyeliner , but I think I used to do this:

Take a cotton swab and rub it on your powdered foundation (the kind of pressed powder that comes in a compact). Then put the powdered foundation on your bottom eyelid before you put on the eye liner.

I'm a professional entertainer. I also have oily skin, so keeping makeup where I put it is always an issue!! Here are a couple things to try to keep your makeup in place.

First, buy a good eyeliner pencil, I like Maybelline's best (it looks sort of like a pen and you twist to raise the pencil part). Put a dot of baby oil on a piece of toilet paper and "prime" the tip of your pencil by touching it lightly to that drop of oil. Then use the pencil to line your eyes.

Next, take a q-tip and dip it in a tiny bit of neutral powder (regular baby powder works too). Dab (not rub) the powder on your newly applied eyeliner. You can then brush off the excess with another q-tip or your finger.

You will find your eyeliner lasts all day plus some with this technique.

And a good tip for removing makeup, especially heavy or powdered (like your eyeliner will be) - use baby shampoo or baby wash. It won't hurt when it gets in your eyes and it cleans very well.

Try a waterproof liner..I use the one from Avon...it seems to stay on the best!!

I have oily skin & pencil liners just wouldn't stay on. I started using gel eyeliner that you apply with an eyeliner brush. The best ones I have found so far are by MAC & Bobbi Brown.

ONCE YOU PUT YOU EYELINER ON TOP AND BOTTOM...YOU PRESS TRANSLUCENT POWDER ON AND MAKE THE LINE ONE MORE TIME AND LIGHTLY DUST WIT A BRUSH POWDER ON IT ... GIVE IT A FEW MOMENTS...AND IT SHOULD STAY ON ALL DAY...TRY IT ON YOUR HAND...AND DUST WITH POWDER ...AND YOU WILL SEE IT IS HARD TO RUB OFF....BUT IT WILL CLEAN EASILY WITH A CREAM OR SKIN CLEANER

When I line my eyes with a pencil, I go over the pencil and 'set' it with eye shadow. It doesn't have to be the same shade of shadow.

Sometimes I use a bright liner and then put black eye shadow over it. It's a unique look.

I have that problem too. These helped a lot!

Liquid Eyeliner. Stuff stays on ALL day and never smears like the pencil kind.

Put your normal eyeliner on then putt liquid eye liner on the start of your bottem eyelashes.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips EyesMay 15, 2006
pan with lid
Removing a Lid Stuck on a Pan
lace tank topper
Making Toilet Tank/Lid Covers
Two metal garbage cans.
Keeping the Lid on Your Garbage Can
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 5:03:35 PM on 10.0.2.209 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.