Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments

When making light bulb ornaments, how do you drill a hole into the plug side of the bulb to thread wire?

By Annie from Glasgow, KY

Best Answer

Right after I posted this I realized that. (I'm almost embarrassed to say this) I had the drill in reverse. It definitely works better when you are drilling in the right direction!

I am not sure what you mean :-( Could you please explain in a little more detail?

I'm confused, too. :-( Wouldn't a small drill bit from one side of the bulb's base (the part you screw in) to the other make a large enough opening for you to thread light weight wire, or sturdy thread through? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the craft project itself. It sounds interesting, though. More info?

That sounds dangerous to me. Everyone I know just takes ribbon or thread to match the tree and ties it at the base of the bulb just above the part that screws into a lamp.

einna68/Annie,

How funny! Well, we all have 'duh' moments. Part of being human and learning humility ;-) I love your light bulb decoration and Bless you for recycling those bulbs! You should submit that to the weekly ThriftyFun Craft Contest with how to directions!

Good Afternoon,

I joined a few minutes ago, after seeing your snowman. His face caught my eye. I painted these fella's 40 years ago. They say it all comes back around, and it sure has.

My question is, would you mind if I used or copied (and I am asking permission ... to copy that face) my husband just passed away, not long now, and boy o boy I think I need this fella to help me through this season called Christmas.

So I wanted to ask your permission first before I started painting them for the kids and grandbabies.

Right before Jerry died, he has a record collection of over 100,000 records in our basement.... I know :/ what am I gonna do with that? I fret and worry all the time over. But the very last records he was cleaning, and he couldn't use because they were beyond saving, I would like to use as the base for these snowmen. And I think i will give them a hat as well. I want to give to each of the kids and grandbabies.

At least help me from going crazy... if that is possible.

So God Love you for listening to me, sorry for yammering on.

ps we at one time worked at the radio station with a fella from Glascow. /// I think that is where I saw you were from. I am not far from there, in Evansville.

Take care of yourself, stay well and above all things, BE HAPPY.

Debbie

Lightbulb Ornament
Recycled Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OrnamentsDecember 8, 2010
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Felt Christmas Lights
Making Felt Christmas Light Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
🎉
🎄