Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments

When making light bulb ornaments, how do you drill a hole into the plug side of the bulb to thread wire?

By Annie from Glasgow, KY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am not sure what you mean :-( Could you please explain in a little more detail?

I'm confused, too. :-( Wouldn't a small drill bit from one side of the bulb's base (the part you screw in) to the other make a large enough opening for you to thread light weight wire, or sturdy thread through? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the craft project itself. It sounds interesting, though. More info?

That sounds dangerous to me. Everyone I know just takes ribbon or thread to match the tree and ties it at the base of the bulb just above the part that screws into a lamp.

Right after I posted this I realized that. (I'm almost embarrassed to say this) I had the drill in reverse. It definitely works better when you are drilling in the right direction!

einna68/Annie,

How funny! Well, we all have 'duh' moments. Part of being human and learning humility ;-) I love your light bulb decoration and Bless you for recycling those bulbs! You should submit that to the weekly ThriftyFun Craft Contest with how to directions!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

December 8, 2010 Flag

I would like to know how to make burned out light bulb Christmas ornaments.

Thanks,
Lilly from Scranton, PA

Answers:

Patterns for Light Bulb Ornaments

Make a reindeer by taking a Christmas tree light bulb, holding it socket end up, center and wrap a brown chenille stem around the socket once and then bend or twist the ends into antlers. (I like to wrap around a pencil for a spiral shape.) Glue on a pompom nose, red, or course on the front near the tip and add jiggly eyes. Good and easy enough for kids. You can add a pin back to wear it, or a string(clear fishing line) to hang it. (10/05/2004)

By Linda

Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments

An easy beautiful ornament is to take some red paint, paint a swirl all the way down the bulb as if you were making a candy cane and decorate the top part (which is the screw part), with a cute wired ribbon etc. you can use any color paint and get creative. Makes a great gift for a teacher, too. (12/01/2005)

By melfrmNY

Lightbulb Ornament
Recycled Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations OrnamentsDecember 8, 2010
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Felt Christmas Lights
Making Felt Christmas Light Ornaments
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 12:14:01 AM on 10.0.0.92 in 352 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.