Winter Your Patio Flowers Indoors

I live in a townhome and have a porch and patio to display flowers. Each fall before it freezes I bring a bunch of my plants inside, pots and hanging baskets of geraniums, especially. I place them around a window in a spare room that gets pretty good light. They drop a lot of leaves at first, but gradually get accustomed to the indoor conditions. In the spring I take them back out again. I save so much money by not having to replace these plants every year. This year I started nasturtium, zinnia, and vinca from seed in several pots and they turned out so pretty - the cost of the seeds is small. Every year I have a super nice display of flowers and it costs me hardly anything!

By Holly from Denver, CO

Come Spring, The Halls of ThriftyFun will be awaiting a picture or two of your super nice flower display. Please, do be so kind.

snow in flower pot
Preparing Container Plants for Winter
Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalOctober 16, 2008
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Cold frame and glass cloches for plant protection.
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
🎉
🎄