Puppy is Very Cold

My sister was supposed to watch my puppy but she put it in a pen and left. It started storming and when I got home he was real cold. I brought him inside, put him in a blanket and used a blow dryer but he wouldn't get warm. Then he started shaking. Also his gums are white. What do I do?

By Robert

I don't know but it were me I would be taking him to the vet!

You need to get this little guy to a vet immediately. White gums are a sign that he's in shock. Please don't wait. And never leave an animal in your sister's care again.

Bless it's poor baby heart, it is in shock from the cold and the fear and the loneliness. The vet can prescribe some meds and check to see it doesn't get pneumonia. Love on it and let it know you are there to protect it and it wont happen again. It might not understand the words, but it will get the message in it's heart! Robyn

I agree, take him to the vet. but you said when you started to warm him up he eventually started to shake- that is a sign that he is warming up. Sounds like before he was way to cold to even function. Shaking is how human sand animals warm up there bodies.

If I was you I would take him to a vet, and keep about 10 covers and blankets on him.

Put him on an electric heating pad on medium heat and cover with a blanket. You can also put hiim in bed with you and hold him real close. Give him plenty of water when he seems better.

Is your puppy better? I hope you took him to the Vet as everyone suggestied here.

I believe your puppy has hypothermia. He should have been taken to the vets asap. I sincerely hope that he is on the mend. It would be better to keep him caged indoors next time you are out for the day, with food and water, and a pee pad. Let us all know what the outcome was for this little fellow. Thanks, Hedera

I hope that your dear little puppy is ok.

First off, I hope your little four footed angel is ok. That said, please do not wait days for things to post here. Call a vet, get on line with purina.com or google a local or international vet advice page, put him in warm water but whatever you do, don't think that getting to us is every going to be immediate.

Take action fast should this happen again. If you did take him to the vet, I hope you hand your sister the bill.

This is what I got just by googling "puppy advice".

http://www.google.com/search?source ... _ENUS307&q=puppy+advice&aq=f

Poor But Proud.

Oh that poor sweet puppy. Take him to the vet to be sure he's ok, give him LOTS of love.

Just from your questions and not knowing what to do to warm up a cold puppy tells me you are pretty young yourself. A dog is a LIFELONG commitment whether or not you want to go out or have exams, are going off to college etc.

They are also expensive. You should be saving at least $500-$750 per year above and beyond their food, vaccinations and flea preventives for healthcare emergencies which they all will have at some point. I take excellent care of my dogs but the last emergency one had cost me almost $6,000. That dog is fine now but I would have had to kill him if I didn't have the money for his care when he needed it.

For the dog's sake you should really decide now if you have the ability to make that kind of commitment. It's much easier to find homes for pups than older dogs and you really need to think of the dog first and foremost.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 31, 2009
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
A girl holding a new puppy.
Helping a Puppy Adjust to a New Home
Computer
Computer Won't Start in Cold Weather
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding, Punch in a punch bowl.
Keeping Drinks Cold at a Wedding
🎄
🍂