Pork and Bean Bread

Moist and delicious your family and friends will never guess it has P&B in it.

• 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • Ad
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 15-oz can pork and beans
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup chopped nuts

Directions:

Add raisins to boiling water and set aside. Mash beans with a fork in a large bowl until very smooth. Add sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix well.

Sift together dry ingredients and fold in. Drain raisins and fold in with chopped nuts.

Spoon batter into three greased and floured loaf pans.

Bake in a 325 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Wonderful with honey or cream cheese or plain.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

My sister made this recipe and sent me a loaf of it and this bread is delicious!! You would never know it had pork and beans in it. I did not tell my husband what it was made of till he had a slice. You know the power of suggestion. He would have said "no way" now he is saying "when can we get some more?"

Nice sorta spice flavor and moist also. Great with extra sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top of a warm slice.

February 9, 2010 Flag

• 2 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 can pork and beans (remove fat)
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup nuts
  • 1 cup raisins

Directions:

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pork and beans together enough to mash all the beans. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add to pork and bean mixture. Stir only enough to moisten completely. Add vanilla, nuts, and raisins. Bake in a loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Sounds crazy but it's good!

By Robin

Answers:

Pork and Bean Bread

Pork and Bean Bread

I found this same recipe in a book titled "Just Cakes". I tried it just out of curiousity and it really is delicious. Everyone loved it and thought it was a nice spice cake. I waited until it was all eaten before giving away the "secret". Now I`ve also given the recipe as several people wanted it. It`s yummy! (04/02/2005)

By mairmie

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsFebruary 9, 2010
Tofu on Plate with White Background
Homemade Tofu Recipes
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
black bean burger
Bean Burger Recipes
Kidney Bean Salad
Kidney Bean Salad Recipes
🎄