6 Year Old With Underarm Odor

I hope someone can help me. I have a 6 year old daughter who has recently started to have a bad underarm odor. What can I do? I have thought about using a deodorant but I am afraid she is too young?

By maggie4 from Montgomery, IL

Why don't you call her pediatrician's office? We can call and talk to a nurse, and if she needs to, she'll talk to the doctor. They might have a suggestion for you without an office visit. Best of luck!

I use vinegar after bath. It works. Nothing else is needed, good luck.

Some parents who have noticed body odor in their very young children report that switching to organic milk seemed to eliminate the problem. They questioned if the growth hormone rBST (that is given to cows), was responsible for causing the situation. Certainly, there are two schools of thought on that. You can get more information on rBST at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_somatotropin.

Bathing daily, wearing clothes that breathe (cotton or wool) and drinking plenty of water might help. You might consider a natural deodorant. Crystal Body Deodorant is modestly priced and available at most drugstores.

I agree that it is always good to check with a doctor if you have a concern about your child. All the best to you and your little one!

Body odour is caused by bacteria - wash well every day with soap and water to get rid of bacteria (we all have bacteria). If you are concerned about using something dangerous on your daughter, you can water down apple cider vinegar 1:5 with water, put it in a spray bottle and apply to discourage the growth of bacteria (I use it as a deodorant because I don't approve of blocking pores with aluminum). For the first 5 minutes you can smell the vinegar, but it goes away quickly after that. Does your daughter eat a lot of chicken? The growth hormone used in chicken brings on maturity early - this may be part of the problem. You can try to buy biodynamic chicken if you can afford it, or perhaps cut down if this is part of your problem. Good luck

I had a real problem & tried many different things, but the only stuff that worked was really strong anti-antiperspirant. I hated using it, cause it's more crap we are putting on our skin & polluting our bodies. Some time after this, I started seeing a new doctor & he started treating me for candida over-growth. This did the trick. Candida is a bacteria & it causes many different skin issues, not to mention internal stuff. When we get the starts of a cold, with sore throat & what not, a lot of the times is candida setting up housekeeping in our sinus' & throat, & antibiotics only make the problem worse. Vinegar can kill it, but it's not long lasting & candida is very adaptable. Unfortunately for us.

Are there any changes in her diet? Is she getting a lot of garlic or curry in her food? If her doctor cannot find anything wrong I would get a natural deodorant at a health food store.

We have used the after shower powder when my daughter experienced early maturity and found that to be helpful so that she did not start using deodorants too soon.

Try using organic/natural deodorant. Tom's worked on my niece who also had the same problem.

I would look on webmd but if her underarms smell like a penny, she is losing copper. Perhaps vitamins, or talking to your doctor will help.

I would call or take her to her pediatrician. Six seems awful young to be having underarm odor.

She probaly had started using it before you knew that will start them to be musty before time

Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceOctober 20, 2009
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Mothballs
Removing Mothball Odor from Washing Machine
Man With Stain in Underarm
Preventing Underarm Stains
🎉
🎄