What to give an outstanding woman?

I have a friend who is just super. She is raising 3 young boys, one with a disability, she has a job with headstart, is starting college classes next week and still has time to keep the house clean, cook nutritious meals for her boys, take them to their extracurricular activities and take banjo lessons herself. But I know she is stressed.

I want to get her something to show her how great she is and something that will make her feel good. If you were/are this woman what type of gift would you most appreciate?

Stella

I think you have given her the greatest gift of all. Your friendship.

Simply acknowledging that this is a woman of outstanding qualities is fantastic. If you want to give her something for herself, why not arrange for her to have a morning off and you watch her kids for a couple of hours. Cook the whole family a special dinner with candles and flowers. Send her an a card once a week saying something positive and affirming.

Get a group of her girlfriends together for a 'friendship shower', affirming your support of her.

My wife is very similar to the woman you describe. And after trying numerous times to find the right gift that said "You're important, you're wonderful and you deserve this" (and failing) it struck me that the simplest way to let her know all that was to give her the gift of relaxation. So I've started buying her gift certificates to a local spa. Depending on the place they can range from relatively cheap i.e. $20 all the way through hundreds of dollars. But it seems you can buy massages buy the minute, usually for a dollar a minute. It says everything it needs to and gives her a chance for herself. The added bonus is that she can dictate how much time out of her schedule she can dedicate to herself.

I think you should fix her up a relaxation basket with things like, bath oil beads, a relaxation cd, one of those scrubbies, a couple of new hand towels and a coupon to watch her kids for a couple of hours so she can take a bath. As a single mother of three grown kids, that would have been such a blessing to me. I still have a hard time catching a shower. It's as if they have radar and usually call or stop in as soon as I get in.

I would have to agree with Bill. With the stress she has I am positive she would greatly appreciate a day at the spa or at least an hour massage. What a wonderful way to just melt away the outside world and give yourself a sense of peace!

I am a mother of seven and I can tell you a evening with adult conversation means a lot. After being with kids and stress of life, just to sit down with a cup of hot tea ( or whatever you like ) and talk to an adult and just relax means a lot. My husband likes to give me the massages and days at the spa as well, but they do not last like a chat with a friend.

Don't applaud; just throw money.

Gift certificate to the grocery store of her choice (probably has a very limited budget and this would help her to eliminate some worries).

Wal-MArt might be nice as it has both food and clothing.

The list is endless... depending on what you are able to give...your time, your money and/or energy.

Start with a card that spells it all out. Everyone enjoys to read how appreciative one can be towards them. That's a must. A trip to the spa, a manicure, pedicure, gift cards: Blockbuster, department stores, baskin robbins,Bookstores things she wouldn't normally do for herself. Clean her house for her. Catch up on her laundry. Cook a four course meal for the entire family or get a pizza and make dessert! Friday is a great night to pick! Take her out to lunch, go to a movie together. Bake a cake and sing you are wonderful and have the kids be in on the surprise! There are so many more! Buy something in her favorite color. New towel set! Bath, hand and wash with a bar of Dove! Wrap all together in bath towel with a ribbon. Best of luck coming up with whatever you choose. Remember whatever you do she will appreciate your friendship!

Jennifer CA

What about a day at the spa? or maybe a manicure/pedicure this would be relaxing, fun and probably not something she would give herself. Also how about adding a note to let her know how admired she is. We seldom tell each other just how special we think they are. Words are important!

I would offer to watch the kids so she could have an evening to herself. A gift card to Target or Walmart would be nice - she could buy necessities or splurge on herself. I know this will put me in the minority, but I wouldn't get her a gift card at the spa unless you know she would really enjoy it. I would not enjoy a spa visit. It does not appeal to me at all. My sister got a spa gift card and finally gave it to a neighbor before it expired - the thought of getting a massage (what her gift card was for) gave her the creeps!

A professional massage. It's a wonderful present.

How about a coupon book of things YOU can do for her..for instance take her out to lunch, have a meal prepared for her, watch her kids, wash clothes, clean her house, etc. Whatever she needs you can put on a coupon and let her use it anytime she needs it! Also can add a coupon for just putting her kids to bed while she studies. I hope that helps...make sure she gives a little notice before cashing in her coupons! :-)

I WOULD LOVE TO GET A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR A MANICURE/PEDICURE. OR YOU COULD MAKE HER A FEW SUPPERS SO SHE CAN RELAX WITH THE KIDS.

arrange with her husband to get in the house and cook her a romantic dinner. When she gets home wtih their kids, scoop up the kids and take them out for the evening leaving her home to relax with her love.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceSeptember 14, 2005
White Men's T-shirt
Altering Men's T-shirts for a Woman
Three brightly colored bras in a row.
Saving Money on Bras
Open tube of mascara with brush prominent.
Saving Money on Mascara
Doing Yoga During Pregnancy, A woman doing yoga during pregnancy.
Doing Yoga During Pregnancy
🎄