Use Microfiber for Swiffer Pads

Instead of buying the Swiffer Wet Jet replacement pads to clean your floor, it's less expensive and greener to purchase a couple of micro-fiber "towels" which will fit on your Swiffer and you can just throw the micro-fiber towels in the washer when done.

By plhorn from McMinnville, TN

That is a great idea! Thanks.

I'm impressed with the results of the microfiber cloths, and certainly more pleased with the lack of spending involved for future uses! Last week I hacked into my fluid bottle and refilled it with my own vinegar and tea tree oil solution. I don't miss spending way too much for wetjet refills. All I did was cut three cloths in half, and now I have six cloths in my cleaning stash. Too easy. Don't know why I never thought to do this before...

January 24, 2011 Flag

Use microfiber car cleaning cloths in place of Swiffer sweeper pads. At approx. $5 for 10-12 washcloth sized cloths, you can't go wrong. They fit right into the sweeper's holder, and are reusable. Simply toss it into the washing machine after using both sides.

By IzzyTheTerrible from Tampa, FL

Use Microfiber for Swiffer Pads

Oh, how wonderful it would be to do that but I have three cats and the cloths end up with hair on so thick you can't just wash them. But it is a wonderful idea if you don't have animals that shed. (10/15/2009)

By eveh

Use Microfiber for Swiffer Pads

I have been doing this for years and I have a dog who sheds it seems constantly plus we dog sit and have had as many as 5 dogs at a time. All I do is pull off the fur and continue on. My hands may get a little dirty but I am doing at least a little something for the environment. (10/16/2009)

By norsasta

Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops, Linoleum Floor Being Mopped
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsJanuary 24, 2011
Floor being mopped with a Swiffer WetJet type modern mop
Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes
young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Microfiber Towel
Uses for Microfiber Towels