Use Sanitizing Bleach Spray

The one tip I can't live without on a daily basis is I keep a 48 ounce bottle of a mixture of 1/4 chlorine bleach and the rest water. I try and keep it in a relatively safe place in my kitchen in the back of my drainboard and I always keep the sprayer closed. I find myself using this bottle several times/day. I spray my counters with it, I spray my cutting boards off, I use it to disinfect toys. I give the toys a quick spray and then soak them in a clean sink of water for a little while. It's also great for a quick spritz of the toilet seat. My favorite use for this spray mixture is before I go to bed at night, I spray my sponges, scrub brushes and drainboard. I let them soak for about 10 minutes and rinse everything off in warm water. The very next day, all of my items smell fresh and clean, not sour or slimy and most likely germ free. It's wonderful,quick and very cheap costing literally pennies a day! I always buy the generic chlorine bleach and look for sales, LOL.

Source: The only tip I had ever heard was about cleaning toys and bottles with Clorox. They said to mix two TBSP Clorox with hot water in the sink and dip your toys and bottles in it.I personally, LOL have never heard of any of the other uses I use it for but, I guess you never know. All I know is NO more slimy drain boards for me! Thank goodness! Try it out, I bet you will be hooked.

By ElaineR. from Long Island, NY

The spray bottle idea is great of course, but I have found that the generic bleach is not as good as Clorox. I actually did some comparison tests of my own to make sure. I have concluded that buying generic bleach is a waste of money because it just doesn't work as well. It's watered down. Some don't work at all! I do the soaking thing with the bleach, but will definitely give the spray bottle a try. Thanks

I love my bleach spray too. I do the same to sanitize, especially good in the bathroom areas. I keep one in the tub so that when I see a little mildew coming on and don't have time to clean, I give it a spritz and the mold is gone! Also good on the mildew that builds rather quickly on the bottom of the shower curtain.

I also use it to kill annoying bugs. One shot and then I put a clear plastic cup on top of them until it's safe to pick them up. Hate the creepy crawlers!

The only downside is that you have to be really careful as it is easy to get it on your clothes or other things that you may not want bleached. Nothing worse than a big white stain on a nice shirt!

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Kitchen CleanersApril 27, 2011
Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 3:46:41 PM on 10.0.0.200 in 943 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.