Planting A Calla Lily Outside

I would like to purchase a calla lily plant for outdoors. I live in zone 6 and do NOT want to have to bring the plant in during the winter. Is there a calla lily plant for my zone that can be left outdoors? How would I protect it from the elements? Thank you.

Calla Lily's are a tropical plant and many varieties will not survive zone 6 temperatures ... I've had a few for years and simply repot with fresh soil and a larger pot every two years or separate to have more potted plants ... It really isn't that hard, even for an old geezer like me, to bring them in during early Fall and take them back out during late Spring and they give lots of indoor enjoyment and health benefits during the 'house closed up for the Winter months' :-) The years I did leave some of mine out (I also live in zone 6) they died :-( Check with a local nursery (not a mega store nursery) and ask for honest advice so you don't waste your money ...

I live in Northern CA, and we get frost, I have the small calla lilys out in my yard, and they never die!

Just don't plant in the yard, keep in a planter and it won't take over!

Growing Calla Lilies
Growing Calla Lilies
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersSeptember 2, 2008
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily
Peace Lily Not Blooming
Peace Lily Not Blooming