Coffee Filter for Potting

This is a so simple idea that I saw the other day that I could kick myself for not using it all these years. Probably everyone knows this one. When planting in any container with a hole in the bottom and you don't want the dirt or whatever to come out, use a coffee filter. Like I said, it is simple! It also makes it easier to transplant seedlings.

Source: January Issue of Ready Made Magazine

By teressafaye from Saltville, VA

You can also use newspaper (the black ink is soy based), napkins or paper towel.

February 10, 2010 Flag

You can use a paper coffee filter to put in a flower pot to cover the hole, before putting the soil in. It keeps the soil from running out when being watered.

By Gracie Pie from Astor, FL

Coffee Filter for Potting

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing. We also use filters for thowaway popcorn bowls. (07/11/2008)

By dayzfan

Coffee Filter for Potting

Thanks Gracie, filter in the flower pot is a good idea. Jane from Oregon (03/30/2009)

By pinkrose345

Coffee Filter for Potting

I love this idea. Thank you for sharing. Pod (09/24/2009)

By Podnette

Coffee Filter for tupperware

I store my tupperware with the lids on with a coffee filter inside and it removes the "plastic" smell. You can use them in any enclosed space to remove musty odors. (09/24/2009)

By nancyintx

Foot and Shovel Digging to Plant in Garden
Tips for Potting Plants
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerFebruary 10, 2010
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Reusing Potting Soil
Reusing Potting Soil
Making a Potting Bench
Making a Potting Bench
Coffee Filter Doily
Making a Coffee Filter Doily