Refilling Ink Cartridges

Save money by refilling your own printer cartridges. I found that refilling ink cartridges is very simple and will save a ton of money! I ordered a refill kit from inksell.com and it came with everything to do the job. The kit cost $12, and was good for 4 refills. I didn't spill a drop, and customer service is excellent with the company.

By Roger from Hampton, VA

you may have an easy cartridge to refill but let me tell you when I tried to refill mine,it was a total disaster..you said you didn't need to close up the hole you used to refill the cartridge,well on mine -the plugs I took out would not go back in place and the ink spilled out into my printer making a horrible mess.I have a Hewlett Packard office jet and it was ruined.I now pay the price for new cartridges and my Printer is in good shape..

I know that refilling your own cartridges is cheaper, but doing so may void your warranty. Check your warranty to make sure you aren't going to end having to buy a new machine if the ink does any damage. If you pay for service on your printers (e.g. a company machine) then you may be voiding the service contract as well. Too many of the refill systems end up damging the machiens and printheads, so lots of companies now will include coverage for this kind of damage in their warranty.

Some brands of printers are easier to refull than others. My husband is a wiz at it - but he still can't do our HP. Canons and Lexmarks are good in this respect from our experience - and older printers are easier to refill - because they have put booby traps in the newer cartridges to make them harder to refill! It's worth a few bucks to try - FYI - printers are terribly cheap (relatively) these days - because they make $ on the CARTRIDGES - not the printers!

With prices so low for cartridges from http://www.ezinkjets.com/.sc/ms/cat/Inkjet%20Cartridges why bother with the mess.... I have used these cartridges and cannot tell the difference from the manufacturers own brand!

Jim in Jax

I happened to be in a town (other then my own) in November of 2007. We don't have a Staples in my hometown so I decided to visit theirs'. After shopping and going up to pay for my purchases, I noticed they had an ink cartridge refill station. I asked how much it cost to refill a Brother ink cartridge. The sales person informed me that they can ONLY refill HP ink cartridges, as they were threatened with lawsuits from ALL other brand names if they DID NOT cease filling them.

What a PATHETICALLY GREEDY country the 'good ole USA' has become. Everybody has their hands out to file lawsuits constantly!!! Fill you own if you can and the devil with the greedy ones!!!!

Thanks to all who replied.

Baz

November 16, 2011 Flag

Can you refill HP cartridges?

By Baz C.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are stores that cater to refilling ink cartridges. They should be able to refill HP cartridges. And at a lower cost than new HP cartridges. Why not call one and ask them?

Cartridge World is one company that refills them.

If you can get the refills or the bulk ink then you can refill it because hp does they just have the plugs but my friend does and puts a small screw in the hole so it won't leak. It used to come in bottles in Staples but Dell wouldn't let them sell their ink until they removed the refills.

Yes you can. We do it all the time but they are only good for about 2 times and then you have to replace them.

If you have an Office Max near you they refill HP cartridges for $10 after a one time fee. I tried doing it myself once and wound up having to buy a new printer.

Printer ink color cartridges.
Saving Money on Toner & Inkjet Cartridges
Computers Printers InkJuly 19, 2006
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Refilling Liquid Containers
Refilling Liquid Containers
🎉
🎄