Reusing Beneful Wet Dog Food Containers

These are 10 oz. containers with recloseable lids. They are dishwasher safe and can be sanitized. I find they are a perfect size for individual meat and gravy servings. Also, meatballs and sauce. We are now a family of two since our kids have grown. I still cook for an army and freeze portions in the Beneful containers. They are so easy to pop into the microwave. I can have liver and onions while my husband has meatballs and shells. These containers are great.

By Diane from East Hartford, CT

After I read your post the other day about reusing the Beneful containers for human food, I was bothered so I decided to share my views.

I have several of these Beneful containers too, and I agree on reusing them, but not for human food.

I am a HUGE animal lover including letting our pups give me kisses on my lips, but I am not confortable about using the dish from their food, heck I keep separate forks for their food and ours.

We don't really know what is in their food and its' effect on the plastic and if it will leach into our food if stored/cooked in it. I have never ever had good luck getting strong scented food item smells out of my plastic dishes (and I do use my dishwasher religiously). I have been known in the past to use a teeny tiny amount of bleach for sanitizing, but I personally don't think that is healthy for you either.

Please, before you do any more microwaving in this dishes do a little research to see if that is safe for your health....I have read a lot of articles about not doing it. Many of these human food-safe dishes say do not re-use, and I wonder if the same is true for the dog food containers?

These are just my personal thoughts & concerns. Be healthy & happy!

These containers are made with food grade plastic which can be sanitized. There are no issues with re-using them for storing or microwaving human food.

Read your post recently. There are so many food packaging containers & bags that can be reused for storage of people food items. This of course saves on the costs of purchasing containers .needed to store these food items. We all know how important Reduce, Reuse, Recycle is. BUT, please check out first to find out what the recycle symbols (single numbers within a triangle) stand for & whether or not they are safe to store/reheat people food in.

Keep up the good work and stay informed :)

Reusing Food Packaging, Junk Foods
Reusing Food Packaging
Better Living Green Living ReusingMarch 26, 2008
carry out container
Reusing Takeout Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
A wet dog shaking off water.
Dealing With Wet Dog Odor