Marinating Steak

I have a steak marinade that we love to use, and a special treat for us. I use a fork to make holes in a steak or two. I coat both the outsides of each steak with a black peppercorn dry marinade, that includes the plastic bag. I massage this into both sides of the steaks.

Then I add about a half to 3/4 cup of minced garlic, then add a drizzle of olive oil, and about a half cup or a cup of lemon juice, massaging and mixing it all together. I like to let it marinade at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours and turning the bag occasionally, then grill.

While grilling, we pour the marinade mixture over the steaks, and sometimes we put some flour tortillas over the steaks. The flour tortillas get somewhat wet, and absorb the flavor and smoke of the grilled meat.

Starting with the drier ingredients helps prevent mishaps with spilling liquid ingredients from the plastic marinade bag.

Source: My husband and I

By Carol L. from South Bend, IN

Marinating Steak in Glass Dish
Marinating Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMarch 16, 2010
Slow Cooked Steak
Slowing Cooking a Steak in the Oven
rump steak with yellow plum sauce
Cooking Steak Tips and Tricks
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak
Rolled flank steak stuffed with spinach, peppers, and cheese, ready for cooking.
Flank Steak Recipes
🎉
🎄