Cookware for a Glass Top Stove - Categories:

General AdviceConsumer Advice

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

What kind of pots can you use on a glass top stove?

By Melissa from Houston, TX

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My girl friend just bought a set of Wolfgang Puck stainless steel cookware for her glass top stove and before that she had a set of T-Fal cookware.

August 29, 2010 Flag

What kind of pans should I use on my glass top stoves?

By Jeanette from Hastings, MN

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

You can use any material for your pots and pans that have a flat bottom. Bottoms that have a curve to them have a tendency to rock and move on the stove. We use steel and aluminum bottoms. (02/04/2010)

By foxrun41

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Just be aware that you have to be more careful about matching the size of the pan to the burner. I know on mine, you cannot put a pan more than 1 inch larger on the burner. (02/04/2010)

By Jilson

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

When I bought mine two years ago the booklet that came with it suggested 18/10 Stainless Steel TriPly-Clad Cookware, so I bought some pieces of Tramontina cookware and have had great success with it. The booklet also cautioned against using glass, or anything enameled, as it could fuse to the top. (02/09/2010)

By Jron7667

February 4, 2010 Flag

Can you use Emeril cookware, All-Clad copper, aluminum, and stainless on a glass top stove?

By Jack from York, ME

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

If you use metal cookware it will make it crack. I did this and had to buy another cook top. Good luck. (12/29/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

I used to own a gourmet cookware retail store, so I speak from a great deal of knowledge. The above mentioned cookware that you ask about is all fine. As long as the cookware has a nice flat bottom with no ridges it is fine to use on your glass top stove. Just be careful to not "shuffle" the cookware on the burner. I think it's best that if you have to move a pan around that you actually lift it off the burner to move it. So having said that, I think you can safely use All-Clad, Emeril (which is made by All-Clad) copper and any stainless steel, again, as long as the bottoms are flat and smooth. Hope this helps. (12/30/2009)

By chef4u

December 28, 2009 Flag

What are the best types of pots and pans to use on the glass top stove?

By 2tired

Answers:

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove

Anything you want to use, however, curved bottoms have a tendency to move around on the stove top. Or at least that is what I experience on my glass top. (06/26/2009)

By foxrun41

June 26, 2009 Flag

Cookware for a Glass Top Stove. What type of cookware should I use on a glass top stove?

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 29, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Glass Top Stove
Using Cast Iron Pan on Glass Top Stoves
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 8:00:54 AM on 10.0.0.66 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.