Saute' onion, celery and pepper. Put in a large soup pot. Add milk, clams and juice, soup, potatoes and seasonings. Simmer until potatoes are soft. Just before serving add crumbled bacon, if desired.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Please, please tell me - what size cans of clams and soup!!! I live in Spain, and although these items are available here sizes might be different (usually smaller). It sounds such a good recipe I don`t want to spoil it.
RE: Creamy Clam Chowder
Post by mulberry204 (32) | (07/01/2008)
Contact Edit Post
I live at the ocean with a lobster fisherman husband. Here's New England Clam Chowder (or add fish, and /or creamed corn):
1. fry onions (I like a lot - maybe 3 medium onions)
2. add potatoes (I like about 6 medium)& water to just barely cover
3. add salt pork to potatoes (can use bacon strips - 2 or 3) cook;
4. when potatoes are soft, add clams canned or cooked & shucked or fish & cook until done; or add 1 to 2 can(s) creamed corn
5. add a can of evaporated skim milk & additional milk to make a nice broth
6. heat & add generous pepper
7. add a slice of butter on each bowl if desired
8. some people add flour to thicken.
9. ENJOY! CHEAP & DELICIOUS!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!