Removing Rodent Urine Stains

Does anyone know how to get mouse/rat urine stains from clothing? I had my off-season clothing hung in my spare bedroom closet but found evidence of droppings and yellow urine stains on the shoulders of the hanging items. I tried regular laundering but the urine stains remained. Didn't want to try anything else until I consulted my friends. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leah

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You might try Cascade Powder dissolved in water. Soak as long as needed. I just put an amount in according to stain. Be sure to dissolve. Have used on whited and colors.

May 29, 2011 Flag

I just got my summer clothes out and my favorite white shorts have a big yellow stain on the pocket. Well, I'm most certain it is (mouse urine), I've washed them in Clorox, sprayed them with Resolve, and let them sit. This I have done more than once. The stain is still there. Should I give up? Or is there something else I can try?

By Missy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried the same method of spray spot remover and then hot water with fabric detergent and bleach and allow the garment to soak in the washer for several hours even over night. You may need to wash the garment another time to remove the bleach smell.

Well, unless this is a very sentimental or very expensive piece of clothing, I would just pitch it. If you can't get the stain completely out, do you want to wear something that has mouse urine on it (even if it is not so noticeable)? Just a thought...

I would put them in a bucket or basin with hot water and a cup of Oxy Clean and leave it for a week or more. This saved a bedspread of mine with similar stains that wouldn't come out.

Will it work on nylon.? I got a white shirt last summer and wore one time. The urine stain is the size oh a half dollar. I have used vinegar and baking soda. It didn't work. I thought maybe Calgon and bleach. Will try Cascade first. Wish me luck. Thanks!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsOctober 4, 2007
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Rodent Control, Closeup of Wood Mouse
Rodent Control
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 20, 2017 at 1:24:59 AM on 10.0.1.26 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.