Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Aggressive Pit Bull

I have a 3 year old pitbull whom I love very much. She has always been incredible with my 2 young children and I have never been afriad of having her, instead always feeling safe. We recently just moved into a house, we lived in a condo before, and she has become very aggressive with anyone that walks into the house or that she might see while walking.

I have always been able to let others pet her, but now when they do she becomes very aggressive. I'm very scared for her, all the neighbors do not like her and I feel that I can not have any new guests to our home. My boyfriend wants me to get rid of her, but I cannot even think about doing so. I'm looking for obedience training, but still am very concerned. Any words to make me feel better?

Thanks.
Nadia from CT

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Anne [2]06/29/2012

Hi, I think your pitbull is trying to be dominant, maybe because of the new housing situation. To her, the house is "her" territory, and is asserting her dominance, treating people (your guests) as outsiders. This is quite dangerous, and professional training, counseling with a professional is necessary. Don't wait. Also your children may be her next target. If it was me, I would not take the chance. People are at risk. Not to mention the consequences to you. I am thinking she also regards you as "her's". Please don't let someone get hurt.

Here are questions related to Aggressive Pit Bull.

Question: Working with an Aggressive Pit Bull

My 3yr old male Pit just got fixed 3 months ago. He has tried to show aggression 3 times this month to my 16yr old daughter and 2 times my 16 month old grandson. I am devastated; he can't be trusted! I don't know what to do! I love him and he has other wonderful traits? Should I put him down? I don't think I can.

By Donna

Most Recent Answer

By cookie17 [4]05/19/2012

I just read in morning paper part pit bull bit 3 month baby in head while grandma & mama was in kitchen fixing baby bottle heard baby make crying noise went in where baby was & dog bit in his head. Baby died on way hospital.

People need watch babies & infants around dogs doesn't matter what kind dog. Please try place dog with someone else. They probably put it to sleep. Two babies last 2 weeks been in paper. I'm dog lover so heartbreaking.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Aggressive Pit Bull