Mark Corners On Bedspread

Have a bedspread, such as all one color chenille, that is hard to tell where the corners are, making it hard to place on the bed? Take a piece of ribbon or embroidery floss a shade lighter. From the back, make a stitch, tie if off and leave tails a couple inches long. You will be able to see it from the back but it won't noticeable from the front.

I suggested this to my elderly mother years ago, she had quit using her favorite bedspread and this fixed it so she could once again use it. I now have that bedspread and treasure her floss markings she put in it.

By latrtatr from Loup City,NE

I do the same thing only I use a permanent magic marker. In the 2 top corners (underside) I put a small arrow pointing to the top. It works great! And after a few months if it starts to fade, I simply remark it over the original marks.

This is a great tip - and would work for blind folks like me, too!

I have a similar tip for those sheets that have elastic all the way around. I just make a mental note of which corner of the bed the sheet tags are in when they are on the bed correctly.

The next time I make the bed I just find the sheet tags and put that corner on first.

I have also written on those tags for the failing memory as well. Such as BW for bottom wall.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsMay 3, 2010
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
Making a Yo Yo Bedspread
Crocheted Broom Handle Duster
Making a Crocheted Broom Handle Duster
Getting Rid of Cobwebs
Getting Rid of Cobwebs
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
🎄
🍂