Easy Foot Scrub

Here is a nice scrub I made that is not only simple, but inexpensive and takes minutes to prepare. This would be a nice summer gift or a treat for your own feet!

• 1/4 cup fine sea salt
  • 2 Tbsp. sweet almond oil (you could use olive or grape-seed)
  • 1 tsp. of Castille Soap (I used Dr. Bronners Lavender Castille)
  • 6-8 drops of tea tree or peppermint essential oil (you can use geranium for bad circulation)
  • *1 Vitamin E Capsule (optional, use only if you will store the mixture for awhile)

Mix everything in a bowl and store in a container that is not see-through (or very dark like an amber glass/plastic jar). To use, just scrub on feet, rinse and pat dry. Apply lotion afterward.

*If you do not add the vitamin E, the oil will go rancid quickly. If you do not have vitamin E, just store the mixture in the fridge. Grapefruit Seed Extract is also a good preservative.

Source: My own recipe taken from my blog thefrugalvegan.wordpress.com

By freya1970 from Halifax, NS

Excellent and very timely for me as I work retail and I'm on my feet a lot. When I get home, sometimes my feet ache and burn. And, since I work for a health food store, these ingredients will be very easy to purchase. Thank you.

I've used variations of this. It is wonderful but a word of caution: The oil makes the bathtub incredibly slippery and doesn't rinse out easily. So when I use it, I do it on a towel and wipe my feet first.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes Hands and FeetJuly 13, 2009
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Homemade powered scrub brush.
Making a Powered Scrub Brush
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder