Garden: Half And Half Roses

Several of my rose bushes this year are blooming in varied colors. Some of the bushes just have two different colors of bloom, but this one is very unique- it has blooms that are half and half. They seem to be split right into two different colors on a single bloom.

By Angi from Spokane, WA

Half And Half Roses

That's so cool, you should bury it in silica medium for a week or so and preserve it!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I know that many plants are actually two different palnts put together. The root is a hardier variety and the top is the prettier one. Maybe that's what's happening here!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

How beautiful. When I was a little girl (quite some time ago,LOL!) my grandfather had in his front garden a huge camelia tree that had pink flowers, white flowers, and some pink and white striped flowers all on the same tree. I was fascinated with it.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is truly beautiful! I've never seen a rosebush do that before. Thanks for sharing it with us and God bless you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Glenn'smom is probably right. With the two colored flower, it may be reverting back to its original color, the hardier plant, so don't be surprised if next year its one color. It is beautiful.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is beautiful. Wish I could grow roses (any flower) that were as beautiful.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Photos GardenAugust 8, 2008
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 9:18:50 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.