Lifesavers Gift Packs
My sister-in-law and I both have kids in college this year and decided to pare down a little by purchasing consumable gifts for $15 or less. These Lifesavers Gift Packs are what I am planning to give everyone on that list. Some of the items in each pack are similar, but I tried to personalize each one a little, including alphabet shaped sitcky notes, for example. I made vinyl bags because I thought they would be more durable, but zipper bags would work just as well or holiday treat bags with a design on the front and clear on the back.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes plus shopping time
- zipper bags (or make your own from vinyl).
- hard roll candy such as Lifesavers
- small containers or tiny zipper craft bags
- pipe cleaners, stickers, confetti
- card stock for label, strapping tape
- safety pins
- needles and mini thread spools
- nails, push pins, or paper clips
- marker or pen
- sticky notes or mini notepad
- mini hand sanitizer
- wrapped wipes
- spot removing wipes
- glue stick or mini super glue
- breath mints or gum
- plastic silverware
- sugar and creamer packets
- mini flashlight, batteries
- hair clips or scrunchies
- individual packets of pain reliever
- coffee singles or tea bags
- Sew bags from vinyl or use zipper bags of desired size--sandwich size for purse, larger for in the car.
- Divide small items into containers, such as pins, cough drops, nails, etc.
- Make sewing Kits with 2 or 3 thread spools and 2 or 3 needles which have been to a section of ribbon or foil gift wrap.
- Fill pack as desired.
- Make label: "__________'s Lifesavers. Open in Everyday Emergency." Attach to pack with strapping tape. Attach roll candy the same way or just make sure it's visible from the inside, next to the label, so the person "gets" the pun.
- Add Christmas stickers to pack or drop in a few pieces of sparkly confetti to dress it up.
- Tie top of bag with tinsel pipe cleaner.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:42:50 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us