Clothing WashersAppliances

Maytag Neptune Stopped Spinning

Our Maytag Neptune washing machine quit spinning. The "best" Maytag repair person in our area has been out 3 times replacing, fixing, testing, etc. and it still won't work. It cycles fine but at the end it won't finish spinning to get the excess water off the laundry. There is a puddle of water in the bottom of the washer. Repairman says he doesn't know what else to do so we may be looking at replacing it after only 10 years. I've heard these last 15-20 years. Has anybody else had this issue and what did you do?

SL from Idaho

We had the identical problem. Our repairman found all sorts of junk in the drain (coins, tweezers, screws, etc). Once he removed these, it worked like a charm.

Call the manufacturer.

Been there, had that, Neptune GONE! Had to replace ours after 5 or 6 years. ARG! Ours had problem after problem...I think the neighbors were beginning to wonder if I had a thing going on with the Maytag repairman. lol

I can't remember if that is the problem that broke the camels back for us to buy a new washer (NOT a Maytag) or if that is when the motherboard of the washer had to be replaced. There were soooooo many problems with our Neptune I have lost track of which symptom/fix it was.

If your motherboard hasn't been checked, see if that is the problem. Good luck!

I had the same machine...nothing but trouble. I spent more on repairs, I wish I had just dumped it after the first repair. Out first Maytag was 18 years old before we replaced it. When we bought the Neptune the salesperson said don't expect more than 10 years out of it, we got six. Now we have a Bosch, a really nice machine.

You may have to bite the bullet & take a loss in repairs & invest in a new one.

Trish in CT

I do not give you much hope with your washing machine. I owned a Maytag front loading washing machine in which 2 circuit boards burned out plus a "wax motor". Then the bearings stopped working. Shortly thereafter a CLASS Action lawsuit began because of all the problems from nearly all the owners of the front loading washing due to the Maytag washing machines breaking down so frequently. Also it is just my wife and myself using the machine for several loads of washing per week. I received about $750. from the class action lawsuit. I paid $1,000. for this washing machine, believing it would last many years, and not just 3 years of aggravation. I will not own another Maytag washing machine again. P.S. Maytag was purchased by another company. So be careful on which company you purchase your household appliances from.

Redbeard

Problem is small doo hickey on circuit board, door latch not engaging. I fixed one with a less that 10 buck part, soldered it in. Replaced board, works like a charm. Google the problem, can find answer.

The drain is probably full of junk! Check all pockets before washing and remove small things like change, screws, toothpicks etc. Or else they will go straight to the drain pump and will shut the machine down.

Had the same problem. Door latch would not lock. Found www.neptunewaxmotor.com and ordered the repair kit they offer. It was simple to install. Required some soldering but I managed even though I had never soldered on a board in my life.