SewingCrafts

Making a Nelly Bag

My daughter purchased a Nelly bag at a craft fair. It is filled with herbs and is to be microwaved. She uses it for her sinus and it has helped alot. I would like to make some if someone has the recipe I would love to have it.

Thanks,
Sandy from Middletown, Ohio

Answers

One ingredient I'd try before adding is juniper berry. They are green at first then turn reddish, I believe, but are both edible and herbal scented. It takes a bit of getting used to but has a most pleasant scent, in my opinion. If you have most any sort of aromatic plants such as perennial autumn sage leaves,even cedar branch slices, sansivera? Petals, lemon balm parts, shredded & dried citrus fruit peelings, and then purchase from sale bins at flower store some eucalyptus leaves that are fallen or aging.

All of these should be compatible, herbal medicinals, wonderfully aromatic and will last even longer if you can find a beauty supply that sells orris root powder to sprinkle lightly as a preservative over it all. Oh, I almost forgot to suggest whole cloves and sprinkled cinnamon.

If you will purchase poly touile from a fabric store to wrap it all in for each completed bag, then wrap this touile sack/ball with something like white cheesecloth tied with cotton twine or cotton ribbon, you should be able to adjust it up and down, design it several ways, adding gift tags and instructions for low microwaving for short period of time, depending upon the size of the ingredient amount. God bless and help you. : )