Gold Mining Themed Birthday Party Ideas

I need ideas for a 50th birthday party, with a gold mining theme. This is also a surprise party.

By Sheryle from Salem, OR

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Cute idea. You could do decorations with a theme of "mining the past" and have photos of him through the years. Maybe put something on the invites about celebrating our Golden Guy. Decorate in gold and yellow and maybe for your centerpiece get a mining helmet and or gold mining pan and fill it with flowers or maybe those Werthers butterscotch candies that are wrapped in gold. That may look like gold nuggets. You could also do it outdoors and have a mining camp theme with a campfire and let his friends share stories about him around the fireside. Have fun.

Thanks Amy for your suggestions. Both me and my husband, and the b-day boy (my cousin) have mining claims, the idea of mining pans we are going to use but with sand and gold painted rocks. Then I thought of kerosene lanterns with candles inside. Hanging brown/gray dyed musslin around the perimiter with web lights behind with gold colored lights. Then in front of the house door etc., taking refrigerator boxes (opened through) framed by 2x4s to look like mine shafts. (we have above and below claims) The party is in Sept. so we still have somemore time to think/plan on it. Thanks a million!! :)

Answer

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 29, 2010
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
A shiny pile of gold chains, rings and other jewelry
Cleaning Gold Jewelry
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 1:31:42 AM on 10.0.0.200 in 565 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.