Stopping Calls from Creditors

I am having some financial problems that will be resolved shortly. In the meantime, how do I keep creditors from calling my job? I ask them not to call my job but they continue to call. Any advice?

Onesummer from GA

IF YOU TELL THEM NOT TO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO STOP .CHECK WITH YOUR STATES ATTORNEYS OFFICE, THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME ADVISE

Yes, I agree, by law, if you tell them not to call your job, they are supposed to stop. When you speak with the next one, be sure to emphasize getting the persons name and then very bluntly tell them that they and their company are being reported to the Consumer Protection Agency of your State. Many Agencies require a written notice...so do both, but DO IT. Only with complaints, will companies begin to stop illegal practices. They will try anything to intimidate you, many of these tactics are illegal..they hope you don't know that. Stand up to them.

When they call let them know they are being recorded, you can purchase an inexpencive recorder at Walmart ot Radio Shack, They record you so Turn about is fair play, Since I told them I was recording they have stopped calling.

Change your phone number...

Send them a REGISTERED letter telling them they must cease and desist all phone communication with you, this includes both home and work phones. Tell them you will lose your job if anymore phone calls are placed to your work, and state that you will be filing a police report for phone harassment. Make sure you look up the credit protection laws for your state. Search for it by typing in (your state name) home page. It should have links for credit rights and filing complaints. Make sure you keep copies of all transactions that you do, you will need these if you are taken to court. Good luck.

Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersSeptember 19, 2006
Woman Holding Her Mouth With Chili Pepper
Stopping the Burn from Spicy Food
old red phone
Inbound Call Blocker Reviews
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Telemarketer
Stopping Telemarketer Calls
🎄