How do you make lip gloss out of Koolaid?

A quick search of the Internet found these recipes and instructions.

From Creative Kids at Home

http://www.creativekidsathome.com/activities/activity_40.html

How to make Lip Gloss

Vegetable shortening, honey, unsweetened drink mix (eg. Kool-Aid), hot water

Use a small bowl to mix 1 tablespoon of the solid vegetable shortening and 1 teaspoon of honey. In a separate bowl, mix the drink mix and 1/4 teaspoon of hot water until it is dissolved. Stir in as much of the drink mix as possible. The actual amount will depend on the temperature of water. The more you can dissolve, the stronger the flavour will be.

You can choose the color and flavor of you lip gloss by the type of drink mix you use.

Add one drop of the water mixture to the shortening/honey base. Stir well. Repeat until you get the color/flavor combination you want. Pour into a clean container or old lip gloss pot.

Store in the refrigerator. Keeps for 3 days, but it tastes so good that you will use it up very fast!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

From RAINBOW'S CYBER SERVICE UNIT

http://www.gssherry.com/gloss.htm

LIP GLOSS RECIPE

2 Tablespoons solid shortening (Crisco)

1 Tablespoon Kool-Aid drink mix (dry kind with sugar)

Mix the solid shortening together with the drink mix, microwave until mixture is melted, pour into a small container, and set in the regrigerator for 30-40 minutes.

Congratulation you have just made shiny lip gloss for just pennies on the dollar.

Hope this helps!

This recipe isn't made with Koolaid but sounded good:

Chocolate Lip Gloss

1 1/2 tsp cocoa butter

1/2 tsp. Coconut butter

1/8 tsp. Vitamin E oil

3 small chocolate chips

Use double boiler or microwave. Heat the cocoa butter, coconut butter, & Vitamin E oil until melted. Stir in the chocolate chips. Stir until chips are melted and mixture well blended. Pour Mixture into a small decorative pot or holder. Cool 10 to 15 minutes Not to eat.

I have used this recipe to make tinted and/or flavored lip balms/glosses. You can vary the ratios to your own preference.

1 teaspoon beeswax/parafin wax

1 teaspoon petroleum jelly

A few drops candy flavoring, presweetened kool-aid mix, or mint flavoring.

Heat each separately over the stove (med/low heat),

Combine wax and petroleum jelly, blend well, remove from heat and add flavor/coloring.

I also add a drop or 2 from a vitamin E capsule at a time.

After it cools check it for the right consistency. If it's too hard remelt and add more Pet. Jelly. Too runny, add more wax.

Do you have a lipstick that you can't use because it is too dark. You can add a few slivers of that lipstick to the hot mixture. This gives the lipbalm a soft tint.

I usually quadruple this recipe to make it worth the time.

The tiny gourmet jelly jars that come in gift baskets are great containers, so are the really tiny "Altoid tins"

Use care if doing this with kids - Petroleum jelly is flammable

<font face="comic sans ms"><font color=magenta>OMG! It worked so well. You rock! It's like awesome. And I had all the supplies. Other sites said I need beeswax, coco butter and other stuff. I thought it was called Homemade Lip Gloss. Not go out and buy everything Lip Gloss. Anyway, thanks soooooo much, my friend loved the set of lip glosses I gave her for her birthday. </font></font>

hiya! Another way to make ligloss is to recycle old lipsticks by mixing in with pet. jelly

u take vaseline and then u take a colored lipstick or eyeshadow and put it in there.

i know a specific recipe.

u put the vaseline in a bowl.

then u put put the colored eyeshadow or lipstick in.

then u squeeze sum strawberry juice out and mix it. then use it! bye

Hey I am starting this club with my friend and I need ideas for stuff to sell~ any ideas?- thx megan

Don't use the crisco shortening--it turns out very grainy. Try something like melting old lipstick, adding vitamin E, and add flavoring.

This recipe was so nice!! My friends loved the lipgloss I made. Good job people! Emily says hi!

If you melt vaseline in a microwavable bowl, and then mix it with kool-aid mix, its really easy.

Well hon, it is best to use a tablespoon of petroleum jelly, kool aid mix, and a bit of honey. It works for me!

Oh yeah, and you can use a 35 mm film roller case thingy to keep it in! HOPE I HELPED! --Renee Johnson, Fabulous Fashionstas CEO

Equal parts lipstick, petroleum jelly and a drop or two of essential oils. Put them in a container and microwave it for one minute and thirty seconds, then mix it and let it set to solidify. A great mix.

That was so much fun! We put it in the freezer so it would get done faster. IT WORKED! Only, I tripped over the dog when I was going to put it in the freezer, and I lost like half of the stuff. lolz

I need some ideas for containers to use. Making lip gloss for my daughter's sleepover and don't know what the girls can use for containers!

I did this with my kids and it worked. Check out my bog to see a picture. www.cosmeticsgenius.wordpress.com

Try mixing a tiny bit of water with the Kool Aid and then mixing it into the vaseline. It's not going to look "store bought" or anything, but it works!

Crisco shortening and honey mixed together. Crisco is better than vaseline, and it is good for skin too!

Blessings, Robyn

lip gloss puddle and applicator
Homemade Lip Gloss Recipes
Make Your Own CosmeticsSeptember 10, 2003
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
A woman putting on lip gloss.
Cleaning Lip Gloss Stains on Clothing
🎉
🎄