Wildlife: Blue Heron

I was out at a park in and was trying to photograph other birds when this heron wandered out from behind some tall grass. I hoped to snap a shot of the bird catching a fish, but no luck!

By Terri

Just love great blues, so elegant so still!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Superb!

Marg from England.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

May 30, 2012 Flag

We saw this blue heron right as he was having a snack from the pond.

By Georganna from Liberty, KY

A blue heron right after catching a fish

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Pretty!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

June 24, 2011 Flag

I took this photo of a great blue heron, while he was fishing at Beaver Marsh last week. Beaver Marsh was an auto salvage/junk yard a few decades ago until some busy beavers built a dam, and flooded the area. Since then all kinds of wildlife have come back to the region, which is now part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park near Akron, OH.

By Joyce

A blue heron fishing in Beaver Marsh in Ohio.

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes

Maryeileen, The Naturealm is another favorite place of mine! Beaver Marsh is on the Towpath north of the Ira Road trailhead but before you get to Hunt Farm. The Ira Road trailhead is on Riverview Road.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 12, 2010 Flag

A beautiful snap of this heron, which makes this former N.W. WA. lady miss so much of what was so frequently observed when I lived there. I love it when the pictures are sent to me, but then I get a bit blue because of the money limitations on our chances of travel. I continue to wait for each and every photo she sends, nevertheless.

Source: My sister from Camano Island, WA.

By Loretta from Theodore, AL

Wildlife: Blue Heron

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron

A beautiful picture. If you live anywhere near water in Alabama (lakes or even a large pond) you should be able to see Herons there. We saw them frequently when we lived in Central Florida. Best wishes.

(07/30/2009)

By Joan from Chesterfield, MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2010 Flag

I was sitting on my patio and looking through the trees this afternoon and saw a heron land on top of a huge Ponderosa Pine tree hundreds of yards away. Well, I kept watching and thinking I should go inside and get my camera and yet I was thinking that by the time I got back outside, the heron would be gone.

I am so glad I decided to go ahead and grab the camera and I am so thankful for a really good zoom because that tree is a few hundred feet away, and who knows how many feet tall, and the wind was blowing which was making the Cherry tree branches that are closer get in the way of the view but I just kept shooting and was Blessed with this shot :-)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Answers:

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Absolutely beautiful, thank you so much for this. (05/05/2010)

By Leah from Queensland, Australia

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

I am so glad you took a picture of your bird. I live over here on the Yakima river just west of the Columbia and we have a lot of bird people over here. I think your bird is a Great Blue Heron. Good picture, and keep watching the birds. It's a lot of fun and there are so many kinds in our area. Great Hobby. (05/05/2010)

By ninya61

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

At any rate, it was a lovely lucky moment to capture this cool photo of a "Heron" on the top of an incredibly tall Ponderosa Pine, which is 'hundreds' of feet away, with the leaves of other trees swaying in the wind blocking the view of the bird.

By Deeli

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Deeli, kudos for your grace and humor and thanks for sharing your spectacular picture. (05/11/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Wildlife: Blue Heron (WA)

Hahaha Deeli, with all the birds in the air or on foot, YOU are a winner, no matter what the name. Great camera you have and study aim. HUGS & Love (05/20/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 29, 2009 Flag

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a picture with you. This is a Grand Heron he was so close, incredible! He seem to like posing for me. I got about 400 pictures of him. Hope you enjoy. Good day all

By Ginette from Gatineau, QC

Answers:

Wildlife: Grand Heron

That's a beautiful picture. Thanks for sharing. (05/05/2009)

By mulberry204

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Don't you love the feathers trailing off the back of his head? Looks so cool! Nice shot! (05/05/2009)

By kimhis

Wildlife: Grand Heron

Ginette, this is a gorgeous picture of a elegant great blue heron. They are an absolutely magnificent bird. I live beside the Weiser River in the west central mountains of Idaho so we're in a flyway and see many varieties of birds, but these are certainly one of the most eye-catching. A few years ago, I had the privilege of helping rescue one on our property that had gotten completely entangled in fishing line which someone had carelessly left somewhere along the river so I got to actually hold him in the process of freeing him. Their feathers are unbelievably colorful, and they are actually much larger up close than most people realize. It was a neat experience which your picture brought back to mind vividly. Thanks for sharing... (05/05/2009)

By BrendaSue

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Kentucky
Kentucky Frugal Travel Guide and Photos
Photos WildlifeJuly 12, 2010
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:04:32 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.