Removing Body Odor from Clothing

My husband works outside a lot and sweats. I wash his jeans and they still have a faint smell of sweat. I have a front load washing machine, so I can't just add something to the rinse cycle. Anyone have any suggestions to get his jeans smelling fresh in a front load washer?

By Tara from NC

Best Answer

I agree with the poster who said to use one cup of white vinegar. I have a top loader, and not sure how well a front loader soaks, when we have smelly laundry, I fill up the washer, and put the vinegar in, then let the clothes soak over night, then spin that water out, then wash as regular. If your front loader won't let you soak well enough, try putting the jeans in a five gallon bucket filled with water, and about a half cup vinegar.

Best Answer

Baking soda mixed in with the detergent or borax and detergent works wonders, also. I do the laundry for my mom and sister who are both in a nursing home and there are accidents and this totally takes out all of the smell and leaves them fresh smelling. I also have a front loader. Good luck!

Best Answer

Do you have a Sam's Club near you, and are you a member? Sam's sells a deoderizer called Odoban. It works for laundry, scrubbing floors, cleaning almost any surface. I have a front loader also and I just put a little in with the soap and let it go. The clothes come out smelling so good. Also, I saw an episode of Myth Busters that said vodka gets the smoke smell out of laundry. I would think if it works for smoke it would work for sweat.

Hi I would wash the jeans on a hotter cycle once in a while and dry them outside in the sunshine, inside out. The sun should kill the bugs that leave the sweaty smell.

Try 1/3 cup of borax in the wash. I just add it to the detergent cup in my frontloader along with the detergent. It works like a charm on cat urine also. there is never any lingering odor.

Soak in a heavy duty de-greaser like simple green or TSP (trisodium phosphate) for several hours then wash as usual. Ammonia may work too, have not used it enough to be sure. The other two will work for sure. This works even when bleach/vinegar won't. It might fade colors though.

A woman washing stinky clothing.
Removing Body Odor Smell From Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 7, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Leather Chair
Removing Body Odor from Leather
Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
🎉
🎄