Decoupaging DIY Project Ideas

Decoupage DIY projects ideas are needed ... I'm a beginner. Thank you!

Here's a nice website and it teaches you how to do most anything:

Marge from NY

I just made a little project for the first time over the weekend. My daughter had painted a great picture in school and I wanted to keep it somehow. I went and bought a wooden tray (like from Michaels or JoAnn's) and sanded it and spray painted it. When that was dry, I used Mod Podge to glue the picture into the bottom of the tray (I had to trim the picture to fit). I then used 2 or 3 layers of Mod Podge over the picture to seal it in there. However, pay extra attention to getting air bubbles out when you glue it down initially. Mine has a lot of air pockets in it, as I used a regular paint brush to apply the product instead of using a foam one.

I reuse boxes and and put inspirational words or pictures for each person that receives a gift inside these boxes. I collect words and pictures form all over (they are everywhere). I sometime paint the inside or use leftover material, also i use antique stain on some to give the aged look. My grown children like their's so much they ask me to make some for their friends and the grandkid's teachers for the holiday. I seal with clear spray paint about 1.00 a can, add beads or anything to decorate. This is a great craft very relaxing.

Crafts OtherOctober 1, 2007
Flag flying on a metal pole.
Making a Flag Pole
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging a Glass Bottle
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
Decoupaging Fabric on Glass
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 7:17:25 PM on in 956 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.