Pests are Eating My Pansies

My potted pansies have been doing very well for almost 2 months. Recently they apparently are being eaten by something that I cannot identify. The flowers are disappearing from around the edges until they are almost entirely gone. Is there a natural cure I can use to get rid of this pest? Thank you for your time.

By Jancie from Archbald, PA

Answers

If you can't find the pests, try going out just as the sun starts to set. There are many caterpillars (tomato caterpillars for one) that will hide in a niche in the ground until the sun goes down and it's more cool. Then they come out and munch on your plants. I kept a whole veggie garden rid of caterpillars one year without any chemicals by going on a "hunt" just at that time of the night. VERY effective for me, and I hope you are able to catch your culprit without resorting to chems. It does sound like that type of caterpillar/worm to me.

Pansies
Growing Pansies
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 8, 2010
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Growing Violas
Growing Violas
Couple being served a Salad
Eating Healthy While Eating Out
Squash Bugs
Protecting Your Garden From Pests
🎉
🎄