Wacky Fun Christmas Morning Traditions With Older Teens

I've always tried to make Christmas morning fun for my kids since they began to question Santa. They are in their late teens, but still come home for Christmas vacation.

I am looking for a fun, creative way to surprise them with gifts on Christmas morning. I've wrapped the room (all doorways) so they have to crash in the room, led them on gift finds with yarn throughout the house, Santa's bag didn't quite make it in the house and they had to fish it out of the chimney, treasure hunts with five or six clues, and created a winter wonderland overnight in the room.

They've started to expect to be surprised on Christmas morning. And I love doing it. It keeps Christmas special and fun. But I'm stuck this year. What is a wacky, fun way to start the day? Any ideas?

By Nancy from Macon,GA

Answers

How about doing a Christmas "obstacle course" with tasks they have to do before opening a gift.

Some ideas: sing a Christmas carol,

Take a straw and suck up a marshmallow and go to other side of room and drop it in a bowl.

Toss wrapped candies into a bucket from 6 ft away.

Name Bingo: everyone wears their name printed out on paper-use either Scrabble letters or make your own paper ones to draw from hat and call letters out>>they have to have all letters of their first name called before moving on

Candy Cane game>each person has to put a candy cane in mouth (hook side out) and then go to table to latch onto another candy cane--can't use hands, then transport it to someplace else (or...can have them pass the cane from one to the other down the line).

And for the finale: save one gift for each person that would be good for anyone to receive and play the game I submitted>>LEFT, RIGHT Christmas Gift Exchange>>>http://www.thri  2616847.tip.html

That should entertain them! have fun :D