AntsPest Control

Huge Ants

Category Ants

We have recently built a garage. We put slag [cement?] right in front of the garage door and now we have ant problems. I am not talking about normal ants, these ants are huge. Can anybody please help me get rid of these?

Thanks in advance,
Donna

are these BLACK ants? not that we recently built a garage, or anything with cement, but we've had big black ants for years. NOTHING makes them go away. sorry I can't be of more help.

Put down some dry instant grits for them to take back to the nest. When they feed it to the queen, she will die, then the rest of the colony will too.

I don't know if this will help or not, but I had ants in my kitchen and someone suggested sprinkling cinnamon around, they don't like it and now I have no more ants, mine were the little sugar ants, but if it works on one kind of ant, maybe it will work on your huge ants, worth a try.

Do any of the ants have wings? Are you sure they are not termites? Put a few in a jar and get a second opinion, since they may have been living in the ground where you built.

We had an ant problem in our house. Black ones, red ones, ones with wings were all coming out of the window casing in our front room. I went and bought a product called Spider Ban and it killed all the ants. After trying many different ant killers it cleared the problem up in 2 days.

My husband and I have had a problem with the same ant for a couple of years. We have finally licked the problem. Ant cups will help but will not do the trick totally. You need to go to your local hardware store and see if you can find pest control pellets. I'm not sure if there is a name brand but they are tiny little pellets designed to kill rodents and insects. You can sprinkle them around you home (beware not to put it anywhere you pets can find and eat it) this did the trick with us. Another warning though - we put it around the foundation outside of our home and it killed a lot of the birds so I don't recomend doing that. But I also wanted to let you know the ants you are talking about are carpenter ant and you want to take care of them as quickly as possible before they do severe damage.

Ahhhhhhh yes "The Big Black Ants" This works...get some Borax (Laundry section at the stores) and mix with confectionary sugar..Hmmmm they have a good snack go back to the nest, die from the borax and all the other ants eat a dead ant of course. And you got it...chain reaction. "KILL THE NEST" THIS REALLY REALLY WORKS.