Vacuum Food Sealer Reviews

What is the best vacuum sealer for food?

By ThePhoenixLives from Bellingham, WA

This may not be what you are looking for but for the last few years I have simply used a straw to suck out the air and have had no troubles - it may be kinda yucky of an idea but it is very frugal.

There is Reynolds that takes batteries, the other is Ziplock with a hand pump and then the $125 one. I have all three, I personally like the Reynolds but I have also used the Ziplock, I feel they are much better than the expensive one & the bags are ziplock & in some cases can be reused. It's a personal choice, with Reynolds & Ziplock on the market & very inexpensive, I wouldn't invest in the expensive one.

I've had a Foodsaver for about 8 years. We love it! Everything gets resealed and so no "throw away old food". I also use it to downsize portions. I use the plastic baby bottle bags to make individual portions of snacks as hubby still takes lunch. Much cheaper than buying the individual snacks. I seal lots of food in mason jars or the empty store bought jars of food, i.e. pickles, mustard, etc. Even gallon pickles jars! I also use the mason jars to seal my homemade fruit rollups. I dehydrate all kinds of foods, some I powder in the Vitamix and have them for year round use. Any fresh vegetable which looks like it's reaching 'retirement age' I dehydrate, powder and use until it's gone. I do this with all types of foods. My pantry is full of jars with every food imaginable. We too have been shopping in our freezer or pantry for over a year. We only buy the fresh veggies for salad. Vegetable soup, chicken soup base or any other base comes from the pantry. A while ago I bought the big container of cashews from Costco, divided them into the baby bottles, freeze them and we're still using them. I use a few in a special salad I make for potlucks, and hubby sometimes takes a packet for lunch. A year ago we went apple picking and for 10 cents a pound picked a whole lot! I sliced, dehydrated and put them in gallon pickle jars. We're still eating them.

I feel my Foodsaver has saved me hundreds over the years. I don't use the bags at all really. They are out of our budget. I still have the 3 rolls which came with the machine 8 years ago. I cannot vote enough for the Foodsaver!

If anyone wants to they can contact me with questions. I have no connection with the company, just a very satisfied customer. Mari

Well, I finally chose a sealer. I bought the Seal a Meal for $60 from WalMart. I shopped around, and it was the best price. My new question is this: What is the cheapest roll of bags that I can buy and it still work?

Vacuum Sealed Corn
Using a Vacuum Sealer
Consumer Advice Product FinderSeptember 15, 2009
Robot Vacuum
Robot Vacuum (Roomba) Reviews
Frozen Veggies
Storing Vacuum Sealed Food
Vacuum sealer on tile counter with vacuum bag containing a chicken thigh.  Multiple other meat items such as hot dogs are off to the side and two rolls of unused vacuum bags are in the background.
Reusing Vacuum Sealer Bags
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum