Remedies for Acne on My Back

How can you clear back and chest acne? I have bad scarring and acne on my back and chest. My face is fine with very mild acne. I have tried multiple scrubs for my acne, along with acne pills (which were supposed to clear my back and chest acne, but didn't!) and also acne cream.

All of my friends go swimming in bathing suits together. They invite me, but I have to forfeit and come up with a lame excuse of why I cannot go. All of this acne junk has made my self-esteem go way down. Please help me.

By Aliya

Best Answer

Over-scrubbing with a harsh, sharp, granular exfoliator can actually make the problem worse. Try a gentle glycolic (8%) or salicylic acid cleanser or gel. It takes time though so just keep at it and use it twice a day. Also, some shampoos and conditioners can worsen acne or trigger outbreaks that resemble acne. Try a mild, sulfate-free or silicone-free shampoo/conditioner like Ever Pure from L'Oreal.

Best Answer

You have lots of different advice for the acne, but I would suggest that you wear a light t-shirt over your suit when you go swimming. Lots of people do this for a variety of reasons, and if anyone comments, you could say you do it for protection against the sun, that you burn easily and are sensitive to sunscreen, or that you get a rash from the sun. There is no need to miss out on swimming because of acne.

I love, love Clearasil Ultra Acne Clearing Gel Wash.

It's a clear blue color.

I wash my face with it and then when I'm done, I take some more soap and work it into my skin to really dry it out. I keep doing this twice a day until the skin starts to flake and peel. Wait! This is what you want! You're clearing out the dead skin and then as you continue to apply the soap twice a day your skin will clear up.

It was the only thing that worked for me and I'm 54 and tried so many products. This is a keeper for me.

The back of the bottle reads:

www.clearasil.com

1-866-252-5327

Distributed by Reckitt Benckiser Inc.

Parsippany, NY 07054-0224

They say it will give you visibly clearer skin or your money back. I put it on individual blemishes too.

Hope it works for you, God Bless you.

In addition to the other advice, make sure you have a short hairdo. Hair can cause skin problems in many people.

I don't have anything to back this up, but I know the sun can be a great healer also. I wonder if getting out in the sun might not help clear acne on your back.

First, make sure your diet is full of the right nutrients, including Vitamin D. Get some sun, don't get burned. Use sunscreen. The darker the shirt you wear over your suit, the more sun protection you will have.

Go to Dr. Oz website and see the info he has on the pimples. It was a great segment, for the better part, don't pick them, leave them alone. Shows how to get blacks out. Don't pick with your fingers. Swimming pool chlorine and the sun in small amounts will be good for your issue. I had similar growing up, but puberty throws all sorts of nasty things at you, challenging all the time. Don't give up. Don't let your appearance rule your summer fun, you can't redo it if you do.

I know exactly what you mean! Ever since I started taking a certain medication I have been getting bad acne on my back. I still haven't decided what to try to get rid of it. I'll have to try some of the comment suggestions, and I'm also thinking of maybe an salicylic acid peel (ex. http://dermalure.com/salicylic_acid_peel ). Hope you figured out how to get rid of yours!

This is perhaps a little gross for some but a natural way to get rid of acne is urotherapy. Look it up; ancient cultures used it even for minor cuts and wounds. I'm a senior now but back in my teenage years I had severe acne, mostly on my forehead. It was my old and wise grandmother who suggested urotherapy and within a week my skin was clear. A few times times a day I applied mid-stream pee to my face with a cotton ball, left it on for 10 minutes then washed my face with clear water. Natural remedies are often overlooked and discounted in favor of medicinal alternatives (and associated cost) but are effective and at little or no cost. By the way, urotherapy keeps cold sores at bay too. At the first sign of a cold sore, a dab of urine applied with a q-tip keeps the nasty sore from becoming full blown.

Acne is usually caused by hormonal changes, which is why it hits teen-ager the worst. I suggest you go to a dermatologist and ask about a remedy. Convey to the doctor how much it is affecting your life.

Doctor examining upper back of torso with acne
Remedies for Back Acne
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJune 14, 2010
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
🎉
🎄