Stewie (Double Dapple Dachshund)

Stewie is almost 2 and a Double Dapple Dachshund. I got him from my hairdresser. There were 2 in the litter. She kept one and I took Stewie. He likes to play with his big brother Jake, a chocolate lab. Stewie is a very special little boy. He is blind in one eye and kinda of cross-eyed in the other. He was born that way, a side effect of the double dapple color. He is definitely a mama's boy, and makes me laugh at everything he does. By Brenda from Carlinville, IL
Stewie (Double Dapple Dachshund)

He's very unique. What can one say? Never seen a Dachshund like that before. I think the long neck throws me off alittle. I can see how you wouldn't be able to say "no" to him. He is special!!

Stewie is very cute and I can see why you love him so much. However, I certainly hope your hairdresser is not making it a habit of breeding dapples to create double dapples. It's irresponsible breeding and it's cruel. Double dapples are usually born with some kind of defects (blind or deaf), if they make it at all.

For more information on double dapples and how they are created, check out: http://www.dachshund.org/article_double_dapple.html#who

Unfortunately irresponsible breeders who breed double dapples do it for greed over compassion and love of the Dachshund breed.

Not to knock your post or anything Brenda since Stewie is special and I'm glad he's in a good home. Just wanted to inform others who may not know what the double dapples are and the sacrifices that are made to create them.

I know that Stewie is very special to you, more so because of his deformities. Somehow, they do make him more special, don't they? Give Stewie a big hug and kiss from Missy's (dachshund/beagle) mom and God bless you.

What a sweet and cute little boy. I have never heard of a double dapple, but he sure takes the cake.

He's gorgeous! I've never seen a pup like him before. I can see how you couldn't resist him. Give him a big hug from us!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What a honey face! Please kiss him for me. Thanks for sharing. xoxo To Stewie! ~ Holly in Ga.

You da Man, Stewie! thanks!

To dachshund lover,

Just to let you know, she does not breed to get the double dapple. It was an accident because the father was a dapple but not registered as a dapple. He was born a dapple but now does not look like he is, he is a solid color, and has since been neutered so it doesn't happen again. I do know that Stewie was lucky with just having the underdeveloped eye, it could have been much worse. Thanks for the info tho to let other people know.

Oh what a lil sweetie face! Please give him

hugs n kisses from me and my doggie, Honey.

Stewie looks like a lot of fun and love.

How sweet he is. I didn't know what a double dapple dachshund was, but if i do have a chance to get one, i want one just like Stewie....just want to hug him...

Too cute!

Photos Pets DogsDecember 2, 2008
Double Sided Tape
Uses for Double Sided Tape
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
Dachshund/Pomeranian
Dachshund/Pomeranian Mix Photos
Double-Sided Tape
Removing Double-Sided Tape
🎄