Colorful Rice Salad
This is the most unusual salad in my box of tricks. You can pretty much bet that when you have a covered dish gathering, this will be the only one of this kind on the table. My friends love for me to bring it to our potluck salad suppers.
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken bouillon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked and drained green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 Tbsp. French or Italian dressing
- 1 chopped green or red bell pepper
- Chopped ripe olives and pimento strips (you choose how much)
- 3 Tbsp. parsley (fresh is best)
- 2 slices chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of water chestnuts or nuts of your choosing
Cook the rice and chicken bouillon until done. I put it in a pot with a lid and cook it for 20 minutes. Don't open the lid!
Combine all the ingredients and put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
By Sandy from Elon, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 18, 2016 at 3:55:03 PM on 10.0.0.213 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us