Don't Leave Clothes Outside Overnight

I have found that leaving your clothes on the line over night causes them to smell funny. I think it's because of the dew. It might depend on what part of the country you live in whether or not they don't smell from the dew.

By daisym0m from Atlanta, GA

Very good tip. Night critters come out and could possibly leave their scent on the laundry.

I think you are right about different areas of the country. I like to leave my laundry out overnight as the laundry gets softer & smells better! I live at the beach.

Makes sense since the air is heavier at night the pollutants, smells etc. probably do settle on the clothes.

Depending on area for sure, but if you are near roadways, remember the contamination from exhaust and other environmental things can happen. We live at the end of the block from a major highway traffic slows to 30 through town BUT the gas trucks give off fumes, semis exhaust is diesel, etc There is lead contamination in what floats around. We have had to call the gas company before when we smelled that horrid stick they put in natural gas. Well, propane tanks hauling it on the major trunk highway had it wafting through the air. I have an allergy website drop me by email daily the pollen count as well. If the overall count is 5 or less, I hang clothes out. The count is for first of the morning, so by waiting till later in the day works well.

I have left clothes out overnight here in Ohio and Memphis Tennessee as well. I haven't experienced this smell at all.

Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Line Drying Clothing Tips and Tricks
Better Living Green Living Cleaning TipsJune 30, 2010
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Installing a Breezecatcher Rotary Clothesline
🎉
🎄