Inexpensive Christmas Gifts With Tin Cans

For inexpensive Christmas gifts, I've started saving tin cans, from 13 oz. cans of coffee, large pears/peaches cans, etc. I wash them out well and use them to put homemade candies/cookies in for gifts.

I decorate the tin cans by buying pretty Christmas fabric (get several different kinds, usually at Wal-mart). Cut out the decorations and glue on the cans. Then I put a coat of Mod Podge over it and cover well. I make candy and cookies and put in the containers. I make "lids" out of circles of matching fabric and tie a colored ribbon around the can. They make really neat gifts!

By Nora

We made a tin can frame for our project in marketing. We recycled tin cans and styled it with beads, water cellophane, or any thing we can use to design it. It is unique because it is a frame with an accessory kit or ball pen holder. If you want to see our product please e-mail me at funkyme_kilua Thank you.

Crafts Christmas GiftsOctober 25, 2004
Tin Can Man Being Constructed
Crafts Using Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Fabric Can Lid Ornaments Finished
Tin Can Christmas Ornaments
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts